SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 16, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OpenTable, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPEN), a leading provider of free online reservations for diners and guest management systems for restaurants, today announced the winners of its 2010 Diners' Choice awards for the Best Overall restaurants. The list of winners is derived from more than 7 million reviews submitted by OpenTable diners for more than 15,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Restaurants from 22 states and the District of Columbia made the top 50 list. In a shift from the previous year's awards, California led the favorite's list (climbing from six to eight winners), while New York slipped out of first place (dropping from nine restaurants to seven). Virginia (four), North Carolina (three) and South Carolina (three) figured next most prominently.
Restaurants serving American cuisine dominated this year's list (36%), followed by those serving French (with 28% of the vote). No other cuisine garnered more than six percent of the top 50 spots.
Based on feedback collected from OpenTable diners between December 2009 and November 2010, the following 50 restaurants, listed in alphabetical order, received the highest average "overall" rating, one of the categories on which diners can provide input about their experiences at a particular restaurant. For more information about the restaurants on this list, please visit http://www.opentable.com/bestoverall.
The 2010 Winners of OpenTable's Annual Diners' Choice Awards
- Addison at the Grand Del Mar — San Diego, CA
- Ambience — Carmichael, CA
- Binkely's Restaurant — Cave Creek, AZ
- Blue Hill at Stone Barns — Pocantico Hills, NY
- Bone's — Atlanta, GA
- Boulevard Bistro — Elk Grove, CA
- Café Renaissance — Vienna, VA
- Charleston — Baltimore, MD
- Charleston Grill — Charleston, SC
Chez Francois — Vermillion, OH
- Cyrus — Healdsburg, CA
- Daniel — New York, NY
- Daniel Lounge Seating — New York, NY
- Eleven Madison Park — New York, NY
- Erling Jensen The Restaurant — Memphis, TN
- Fearrington House Restaurant — Pittsboro, NC
- Forage — Salt Lake City, UT
- Fountain Restaurant — Philadelphia, PA
- Franklinville Inn — Franklinville, NJ
- Frasca Food and Wine — Boulder, CO
- Halls Chophouse — Charleston, SC
- Highlands Bar & Grill — Birmingham, AL
Joseph Decuis — Roanoke, IN
- Kai — Chandler, AZ
- L'Auberge Chez Francois — Great Falls, VA
Le Bernardin — New York, NY
- Les Nomades — Chicago, IL
- Madrona Manor — Healdsburg, CA
- Mama's Fish House — Paia, HI
- NAOE — Sunny Isles, FL
- Orchids at Palm Court — Cincinnati, OH
- Palace Arms at the Brown Palace — Denver, CO
Per Se — New York, NY
- Plume at the Jefferson Hotel — Washington, DC
- Primo — Rockland, ME
- Russell's Steaks, Chops and More — Williamsville, NY
- Saint Jacques French Cuisine — Raleigh, NC
- St. John's Restaurant — Chattanooga, TN
- Terrapin Restaurant —Virginia Beach, VA
- The 1913 Room — Grand Rapids, MI
- The French Laundry — Yountville, CA
- The French Room — Dallas, TX
- The Gamekeeper — Boone, NC
- The Hobbit — Orange, CA
- The Kitchen Restaurant — Sacramento, CA
- The Melting Pot — Myrtle Beach, SC
- Uchi — Austin, TX
- Vetri — Philadelphia, PA
- Vintage Tavern — Suffolk, VA
- White Barn Inn — Kennebunkport, ME
"Throughout the year OpenTable announces Diners' Choice winners in specific categories, such as Fit for Foodies, Notable Wine Lists and Good for Groups," said
Caroline Potter, OpenTable's Chief Dining Officer. "This list is one of the most interesting to consult as it represents the restaurants that millions of diners feel are providing the best overall dining experiences. No matter where you live or might be traveling, this list provides great inspiration for where to enjoy a really great meal."
About OpenTable, Inc.
OpenTable is a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. The OpenTable network delivers the convenience of online restaurant reservations to diners and the operational benefits of a computerized reservation book to restaurants. OpenTable has more than 15,000 restaurant customers, and, since its inception in 1998, has seated more than 175 million diners around the world. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. OpenTable also owns and operates toptable.com, a leading restaurant reservation site in the United Kingdom.
The OpenTable, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6474
OpenTable, OpenTable.com, OpenTable logos, toptable and other
service names are the trademarks of OpenTable, Inc. and/or its affiliates
CONTACT: OpenTable, Inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media