Is Romance on Your Radar? OpenTable Survey Finds Majority of Canadians Crave Romance but Don't Prioritize It
"Everyone loves to be wined and dined, but there is something about the expectations surrounding
For Canadians looking to up the ante in the romance department, OpenTable has compiled key insights and tips to help
- Start locking in those reservations ASAP: According to OpenTable reservation insights from last year, most
Valentine's Dayreservations are made, on average, ten days in advance leading up to the holiday.
- Michaels and Sarahs are the leaders in OpenTable bookings for
Valentine's Day: Data reveals that Valentine's Dayreservations on OpenTable are most represented by romantics with these names, followed by David and Jennifer.
- Singles Won't Commit to
Valentine's DayDates Ahead of Time: When it comes to respondents that identified as "single", 42 per cent would not accept a date more than three weeks in advance and 37 per cent say they have procrastinated making plans specifically to wait for a better date option.
- Embrace your inner Night Owl: In Canada, the most popular time for dinner reservations on OpenTable for
Valentine's Dayis 6:30 p.m.and 7:00 p.m.Booking a later dinner means you can grab an apéritif somewhere nearby before enjoying a seat at your restaurant of choice.
- Go on a double date. Seriously: Last year, 86 per cent of
Valentine's Dayreservations on OpenTable were made for two. Pro-tip: many restaurants offer four-top seating, so grab your best friends for a double date and lock in a table for four instead!
- Get inspiration from OpenTable: thirty-six per cent of survey respondents procrastinate making
Valentine's Dayrestaurant reservations because they don't know where to go. Browsing OpenTable's diverse list of restaurant options will help diners find the perfect date spot that suits their appetite.
For more information on why not to delay this
*Methodology: This survey was conducted using the online survey platform Pollfish, and compiled by DKC Analytics. The sample of 2,000 adults (18 years or older) in
OpenTable, OpenTable, part of